My world is inhabited by colorful stories. I open my window and I spot a boat, a hill that turns into a wave, it starts raining. The rain turns into fish, then stars appear. The world is just how I want to see it. Between us are colors and dreams, fragments of feelings and details, shades and touches of color of all sorts.
I have been painting ever since kindergarten, though I have tried other things. I had an accordion I dreamt of playing, a violin, and later on I joined the choir and helped direct it. Most of all I liked stories and the pictures in books. I used to dream about writing my very own storybook. Now my dream has become a reality.
I had a very happy childhood. I did not think much about it, but when I lost my connection to that time I felt the need to paint it. I paint for children, young and old. I am accompanied in my stories by the sun and the moon, the day and the night, smiling houses in which all my characters reside.
I feel that any medium (wood, glass, paper, canvas) can be my friend if it can help me tell a story.
No matter what path I choose my Stories Without Words will follow.
Let your thoughts travel in my world. Tell me what your dream feels like and I shall paint it!
CRISTINA SIMONA MARIAN ALBIN
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.cristinamarianart.com
- Blog: http://crismarian.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cristina.marian.52
- Other website: http://artindex.ro/2012/10/02/marian-cristina-simona/
Date and place of birth:
03/12/1979, Curtea de Argeş, Romania
- 1999-2003 - National University of Fine Arts "Nicolae Grigorescu", Faculty of Painting, Professors Vasile Grigore and Marcel Bunea
- 1994-1998 - School of Fine Arts "Nicolae Tonitza", Fashion Design Department
- 2010 - 2012 Workshops for children and adults (Calea Victoriei Foundation, Street Delivery Event - Bucharest Athenee Palace Hilton, Sun Plaza, Bucharest Mall, Petrom, Orange)
- 2008-2012 - Lecturer at Bucharest Calea Victoriei Foundation: Painting and Creativity Workshop, Oil painting Workshop, Workshop of jewelry and fashion accessories, Workshop of objects for the home, Mosaic Workshop, Styles of famous painters, Around the World in seven days – art and culture of the world
- 2009 - Painting workshop with children of Medias Town, at Medias Festival
- 2000-2005 - Graphics restoration at the National Museum of Maps and Old Books
- Class of preventive conservation of cultural property at Lifelong Learning and Cultural Management Training Center
- 2000-2002 - Collaboration in interior design
- 1999-2000 - Illustrations in children's magazine "Clopotel"
- 1999 – Animation course at Dacodac Studio
- 2012 - "c @ rte" in the Arts in Bucharest event, National Library of Romania, Bucharest
- 2011 - "Im Garten der Flora", KulturRaum, Bruck ad Leitha, Austria
- 2010 - "Le Café des Artistes", Ghika Palace, Bucharest
- 2009 - "Making a meadow would require a clover and one bee", Cărtureşti Library, Bucharest
- 2008 - "Childish dialogues," Cărtureşti Library, Bucharest
- - Roll Up Art, façade of University of Architecture "Ion Mincu", Bucharest
- - "Easter Traditions", Romanian Cultural Institute, Vienna - solo exhibition
- 2007 - "The 17th Sheep", Tel - Aviv, Israel
- - "Dialogue on the glass road", Saint - Louis, Senegal
- 2006 - "Dialogue on the glass road", Romanian Peasant Museum, Bucharest
- - "Dialogue on the glass road", Dakar, Senegal
- - "Art outside the gallery", Petrom Service, Bucharest
- 2005 - "The Universe of childhood", City Mall, Bucharest
- 2003 - "Dialogue with……", ArtTei Gallery, Bucharest
- - National University of Arts graduate exhibition, TNB floor 3/4, Bucharest
- 2002 - International Fair of Visual Arts, National Theatre "Ion Luca Caragiale", Bucharest
- 2001 - International Fair of Visual Arts, National Theatre "Ion Luca Caragiale", Bucharest
- 1997 - Fashion show (own creation), Brazilian Embassy, Bucharest
- 1996 - Fashion show (own creation), the National Theatre "Ion Luca Caragiale", Bucharest
- 1995 - Exhibition of Icons, Radio House, Bucharest
- 1994 - "Family seen through the eyes of children", Oslo, Norway
- 1993 - Group Exhibition, Cote d'Azur, France
- - Group exhibition, Arges, Romania
- 1991 - Group Exhibition, Roquebrune Cap - Martin, France
- 2003 - Second Prize, ARTFEST, Fresh Ideas Festival, Bucharest
- 1994 - Special Diploma, Oslo, Norway
- 1993 - First Prize, International Competition for Figurative Art, Italy
Works in private collections:
France, Italy, Israel, England, Switzerland, Greece, Austria, Germany, China, U.S.